How to Become a member?
Contact Ant through the contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ant will send you the membership form.
You signup and pay and away you go, you are a member.
All players with current NZ Golf handicaps will get transferred over to the GJGC once processed.
Why become a member of the GJGC?
We have created a virtual golf club for junior golf in Rotorua called the Geyserland Junior Golf Club (GJGC). We have joined together the three 18 hole golf courses in town plus the Government Gardens establishment. We have done this to offer a very organised and professional platform to help more young New Zealanders get into the great game of golf as we know it can teach children important long term habits.
No longer will a childs membership be at a club but rather it will be under the GJGC heading and they will be members at all the clubs involved for the membership fee of $100.00 each for 12 months. This money is re-distributed for coaching and administration purposes within the GJGC.
Being a member will bring some great long term benefits to each player. They can get a NZ Golf handicap and play in junior tournaments if they wish. They can use all the facilities at each club and can take part in after school coaching once a member.
This platform allows for a more structured and consistent approach as well as being able to introduce a more modern system that will include social media. Each child will eventually be able to create their own profile so they and others can see their progress.
This change in the way we do was born from the need to try something different. Once we found a very successful similar system used down south we new we should adopt this programme. The WJGC (Wakatipu Junior Golf Club) attract 190 junior members per year to the system and they now have active juniors in fields at clubs ranging from ages 4-18 years.
Membership Quick Points
- Each child can choose which club they play for in pennants. They need to choose one and stick with it for the year.
- Each member can play in club events at each club.
- Each member can use facilities like the clubhouse, practice fairways, putting greens. A deal at the driving range may be made in the future as well.
- Parents are encouraged to join their kids on the course. You can even have a few shots as well and there will be some casual membership options available at each club if parents would like to play more.
- $100 per year membership Fee is set each year and goes for 12 months.
- To do after school golf, membership is needed. Funding has allowed us to offer FREE after school coaching for all members at the three clubs. Tuesdays: Rotorua Golf Club. Thursdays: Springfield Golf Club. Fridays: Lakeview Golf Club
- FREE coaching is available Sundays during the year and you dont have to be a member. Its designed as an introduction only.
- School holiday coaching programmes will be available for members as we progress.
- Fortnightly or monthly tournaments for members will be available during the year.